Fitch Ratings said on Wednesday that the European Commission’s proposal to cap interchange fees for some European debit and credit transactions will likely have the largest impact on card-issuing banks across the continent. The proposal targets Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover and would cap interchange fees at 0.2 percent for... Read More...
Citing pending regulations, several Norwegian banks have recently raised home mortgage interest rates, drawing complaints from politicians and the public that the banks are trying to blame new laws as part of an effort to increase income. Norges, Norway’s central bank, announced last week that it would maintain its key lending rate at 1.5... Read More...
Subscribe to get our free email newsletter and make changes to your subscription:
Most Read Last 7 Days
- Financial groups urge CFPB to alter approach to privacy disclosure
- MasterPass digital payments technology goes live in South Africa
- CFPB files suit against Georgia-based debt collection “mill”
- Pew Trust hosts conference on USPS IG’s plan to offer financial services
- Senate Intelligence Committee approves Cyber Information Sharing Act